Experience and Expertise
During my career I have gathered experience whilst working within:
- Two hospital based Child Development Centres
- An independent day and residential special school working with children and young people 11 – 19 with a visual impairment and other disabilities
- An independent and day residential special further education college working with young people and adults 16 – 25 + with a visual impairment and other disabilities
- Two Social Services Children with Disabilities Teams
- A Social Services Rehabilitation Team
- A Local Authority Peripatetic Children’s Visual Impairment Team working with children and young people 0 – 19
I have also been,
- A Trustee of a national charity supporting children with a visual impairment and families
- Advisor to a Belgium based charity which supports visually impaired young people, some with other disabilities too
Over the past many years, as an Education Advisor and Advocate, I have worked with more than 351 families.
If you feel isolated, in need of professional support and information see what Families and Special Educational Needs can offer.